Donna Lyons Interviews Author Dr. Cynthia L. Dougherty
Please tune in with Donna Lyons on Thursday, November 2 at 7 PM Eastern, when author Cynthia Dougherty, Ph.D. joins her to discuss her new book, Lost, Found & Rewired: Mind Tools to Shift You from Stressed and Frazzled to Calm and Vital:
The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
The world has changed at lightning speed over the last two decades. As a result, most of us are living our lives in a frantic blur of incessant emails, social media engagement, text messages as well as an over-abundance of multi-tasking – which leaves our minds in a state of low concentration, high stress and fragmented attention. Our minds are wasting away in this damaging environment which has become a normal way of life for the majority of people. Lost, Found & ReWired will give you the tools you need to shut off that distracting mind chatter, rewire your brains so you can get back to feeling calm, happy, purposeful, connected and joyful. When you understand how your brain has evolved, then you will be able to learn how to re-wire it and reap the endless benefits. Written by a neuro-psychologist, but taught in language that everyone can understand.
Here’s some of what you’ll discover in this exceptional book:
- How your brain conserves energy so it can survive and makes decisions on automatic pilot that may not be in your best interest
- Why your brain has something in it called a “negativity bias” which causes you to attract the bad and repel the good How negative experiences in your life become neural pathways in your brain, requiring re-wiring to replace the harmful effects
- Understanding that a big part of your brain isn’t full developed and as a result, is causing chaos in your life
- How the fight or flight response dictates your life if you aren’t aware of it Why a few moments of intentional stillness a day can have a huge impact in your life
- Understanding that you have an Inner Caveman lurking around your mind and ways you can get him under control Dozens of Mind Tools that will raise your happiness levels and reduce your anxiety levels that you can add to your daily life
- How to identify and remove the biggest stressors in your life
- Ways to handle the daily overload in our lives
- How to shift from the negative to the positive – even though your brain doesn’t want you to
The emotional, mental, spiritual and physical benefits of mindfulness Lost, Found & ReWired is filled with real stories, exercises, the latest research studies and tools to help take you from frazzled and fragmented to cool and calm! This is a must read for everyone who wants to quiet their minds and find more inner happiness, peace and joy.
For more, visit www.gratefulpeaceofmind.com.
About Donna Lyons
Donna Lyons is a Military News Journalist, Author, Talk Show Host and Managing Editor based in Washington, D.C and California. She has been featured on national news and local news along with national and local radio shows. Her columns have concentrated on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, highlighting the positive aspects of individuals, projects and programs that benefit our military, veterans, wounded warriors and their families. Donna does her best to offer a nonpartisan and inspiring journalistic view, working in tandem with numerous veterans and military organizations.